When I started my fitness journey in 2014, I created healthy habits that became a part of my routine and lifestyle. This included my eating habits, workout habits, and even my drinking (water) and supplement habits. I now drink way more water than I ever thought possible. I eat more vegetables and fruit than processed snacks. I log my meals. Some habits need extra practice, and I decided that with our move and fresh start, now would be a great time to practice some of these habits that need refreshing, and also creating brand new habits from scratch.
Last year I tried yoga for a full month, even though it’s an exercise that I despised with a deep passion. Not sure why I’m so glutton for punishment, but I have decided that one of the habits I should get into here is to run at least once a day. I haven’t decided if this is just a trial. I’m pretty sure after a month, I’ll come to enjoy my excursions outdoors. I already don’t mind it, and running is the only activity I typically loathe as much as yoga. The last two days I have jogged (or my interpretation of jogging) down our road and tested out routes that would be approximately one mile long. I have several hopes for my new habit.
- Jogging one mile gets easier and easier.
- I run one mile faster and faster.
- I build endurance and able to increase the length gradually.
- I won’t die as much during my Nature Trail Workouts with all the running involved.
- My jog becomes an important “me time” activity to either start off my day or wind down my day.
- I can feel accomplished, even if I don’t complete a full workout, that I did SOMETHING fitness related.
- I can convince Chris to come out with me, for if I can come to enjoy a mile jog, he certainly may enjoy it as well.
- It will get me out of the apartment, even if for only 15 minutes.
I think I found a good trail to start with. It’s .5 miles each way to and from our home right now. There are a couple of fairly steep hills, but it’s not a horrible path. I do like variety though, so I can’t say how long I’ll keep this route. I might find two or three routes so I can vary it up a bit.
I’m at 2 days. As of right now, I want to see how long I can go with a mile jog every day. My knees may dictate a more lenient routine, but so far, they haven’t been bothering me. So I plan on continuing my brand new healthy habit from scratch tomorrow as well. Everything else I do is up in the air….