Eat Your Veggies
Again, I realized tonight I picked up a healthy habit unintentionally.
So I have an app that counts the servings of veggies you eat and will pay you (like pennies per serving but still) if you meet your goal. Today I wanted to see if I could get something like half my goal in one day. And I did.
I ate real food and a serving of veggies or fruit with every meal. And I’m even pleased with the placement of each serving throughout the day. I really gave myself great fuel o help me through through my workday and my evening workout.
Here was my menu for the day
- Breakfast- egg white omelette with pepper and tomato and sweet potato hashbrowns (omg, were those GOOD!)
- Snack- two pears and chicken pepperoni stick
- Lunch- out to lunch with a co-worker, but still managed to eat healthy! Chicken and broccoli at Chinese restaurant.
- Snack- goat milk yogurt with honey and mixed berries
- Dinner- bison steaks with asian braised Bok choy.
I had a ton of good food today and my body totally feels it! The really great thing to me is I really didn’t even intentionally think about eating so good, I just wanted to see how many servings of veggies I could get.
Healthy habit achieved!
Next challenge? Week long without processed or refined sugar. God help us! Starts Sunday or Monday.