More lists to love!
If you ever need a book recommendation, I am your gal! This year, I have major plans to cut down on my To Read List in a major way.
Here is my 2017 To Read List
- “Don’t Shoot the Dog” by Karen Pryor. I’ve read this multiple times, but each time is like an awakening occurs and I learn something profound. I’m attending the Clicker Expo next week from the Karen Pryor Academy, and I’m hoping for more insight for my own book
- “7 Habits of Highly Effective People” by Stephen Covey. Believe it or not, I’ve never actually made it ALL the way through to the end of this book. I’ve had it and started reading it for years and on multiple occasions, but THIS time, I’m gonna finish it, or so help me!
- “Fitness is Religion”
- “Tao of Fitness”
- “Ladato Si” by Pope Francis. I don’t know, a pope named after the patron saint of animals? I’m kinda liking this guy more and more, and this book is about how God wants us to be conservationists and save the planet. I’ll go ahead and earn some “get to heaven” points and read the book.
- “Reason to Hope” by Jane Goodall. For all my recommendations of reading Goodall’s books, I haven’t gotten around to reading this one yet. This year’s the year, though, I can feel it!
- “Saving Fish from Drowning” by Amy Tan. Another book I just haven’t gotten around to reading, but after meeting the author a few years ago, I’ve been dying to finish it.
- “The Joy of Writing a Great Cookbook”
- “The Alchemist”
- “Learning to Eat Along the Way” by local author, Margeret Bendet.
- “Higher Taste” a Vegan cookbook
- “Earthbound Cook”, an environmental cookbook
- “Plenty”, a book about eating local for a year
- “The Champion’s Mind”
- “The Game On Diet”
- “Focus” by Daniel Goleman
- “Once and Future World”
- “The Zone”
- “Make Your Creative Dreams Real”
- “Fast Food Nation”
- “A Fighting Chance” by Elizabeth Warren
There are actually a dozen more specifically related to publishing my books or getting better at writing. Some include:
- “The Writing Group Book” (with insight on giving better critiques as well)
- “Complete Guide to Self-Publishing”
- “Paid to Speak”
- “Make a Real Living as a Freelance Writer”
- “Transformational Speaking”
- “Writing Wild”
- “First Draft in 30 Days”
I’m gonna be a busy bee if I keep at this list!
Maybe too busy to notice our country going to hell in a handbasket!